Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
HELPDESK

Here we can describe more what should be posted here

TOPIC: destine resolution runs for fun

destine resolution runs for fun 6 months 3 weeks ago #2558

Hi,

Mirjam Tijhuis at KNMI is doing some HR runs for a stable case where many observations are available and LES runs. For what it is worth (physiographic info is up to 300m) she performed a 100m run without any difficulty (nested in Harmonie). When going beyond the 100m PGD starts to complain. Does anyone know a solution to perform a 50m run (we already increased NHALO from 0 to 2 as indicated by the PGD logfile)?

May thanks,
Jan

destine resolution runs for fun 6 months 3 weeks ago #2559

• Eoin Whelan
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 45
Hoi Jan,

I wonder is this the same problem as reported here: https://github.com/Hirlam/Harmonie/issues/41?

Eoin

destine resolution runs for fun 6 months 3 weeks ago #2560

Hi Eoin, I used the link and also my github account but could not find issue 41?

destine resolution runs for fun 6 months 3 weeks ago #2561

• Eoin Whelan
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 45
I see you are now a member of the Hirlam organisation. You should be able to view.

Eoin

destine resolution runs for fun 6 months 3 weeks ago #2562

Thanks! It may be related Eoin, but note that we are bringing PGD really out of its comfort zone by running a 400x400 domain at 50m (100m went ok). The domain is all over land in the middle of The Netherlands. The suggestion from PGD to increase NHALO seems to aggravate the situation for PGD as it aborts almost immediately with NHALO1&2. With NHALO=0 it takes a while.
Last Edit: 6 months 3 weeks ago by Jan Barkmeijer.

destine resolution runs for fun 6 months 3 weeks ago #2563

Extending the domain to 800x800 grid points did the trick. A Harmonie-Arome forecast @50m for a mild September afternoon with TSTEP=1.
Jan
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds